The community strongly recommends outdoor visits to indoor visits, weather permitting. Visitors are required to comply with the facility’s visitation policy. If a visitor refuses to follow the facility’s policy during the visit, then staff may end the visit.
Indoor apartment visitation is permissible, provided that:
- Room layout allows at least 6-foot separation from the resident. Mask or face shield (for residents or visitors with respiratory issues) must always be worn by resident and visitor.
- Visiting hours are from 9am to 7pm.
- Visitation is limited to two visitors at a time per resident. The visitors, if two, must be from the same household. Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis for compassionate care situations.
- Clarendale of Mokena will have scheduled time slots to ensure social distancing during screening and controlled elevator usage.
- Pre-screening of visitors by phone using its checklist-based screening protocol (see section on Universal Screening, above) or through electronic screening methods less than 24 hours in advance; re-screen on arrival, as for all other persons entering the facility, including temperature check.
- Visitors will be required to provide name and contact information for potential contact tracing.
- Clarendale will record the date and time of visit, name, address, telephone and, if available, email address.
- Clarendale will make records available to IDPH and local health department for inspection and, as needed, for contact tracing and retain for no less than 30days.
- The concierge will notify all visitors upon entry that, if they develop symptoms of COVID-19 within three days after visiting, they must immediately notify the facility.
- Visitors will not be allowed in any community common areas.